To Continue the Journey:
After 10 months of service as an Ordeal member and fulfilling requirements in the 5 areas below, a member may take part in the Brotherhood ceremony, which places further emphasis on the ideals of Scouting and the Order. Completion of this ceremony signifies full membership in the Order.
To complete your Brotherhood sign up for one of these Induction Weekends – Spring, Summer or Fall.
The cost for the Brotherhood weekend is $45 * Save $5 by registering early!
Brotherhood is NOT doing your Ordeal over – we have a special program that starts Friday evening and ends on Sunday morning!
A great resource to work towards Brotherhood is located on the OA Jumpstart website under the Brotherhood tab
Send an E-mail if you don’t know the password. Include your full name and the Chapter you are in.
1. Memorize the signs of the Ordeal
- The Obligation of the Order, which you received from Allowat Sakima (printed on the back of your membership card and in your handbook)
- The Order of the Arrow Official Song
- The Admonition
- The sign of Ordeal membership
- The Arrow handclasp
2. Advance your understanding of the Ordeal
Gain a thorough understanding of the Ordeal through which you have passed. Reading through the ceremony script, or visiting another Ordeal to observe the ceremony are good ways of doing this.
3. Serve your unit
Retain your registration in Scouting. During a period of at least 10 months, strive to fulfill your Obligation by continuing and expanding your service to your own troop, team, or post.
4. Plan for service in your lodge
Retain your registration in your Order of the Arrow lodge and keep your dues paid. Be aware that acceptance of Brotherhood membership involves a pledge of service to the lodge. Develop a concrete idea of how you plan to fulfill this pledge.
5. Review your progress
When you earnestly feel that you have met the four challenges above, write a letter to your lodge secretary. In this letter:
- Explain what you think the Obligation means.
- Describe how you have been fulfilling this Obligation in your troop or post and in your daily life, and how you have used your understanding of the Ordeal to aid in this service.
- Describe your specific plans for giving service in the lodge program
Bring this letter to the Brotherhood Ceremony.